Extended Day Program
St. Barnabas School offers an Extended Day program for before and after school care. Students enrolled in grades K to 8th are eligible.
St. Barnabas’ Extended Day run Monday through Friday, throughout the school year and during the summer. The program is led by certified teachers and aides who provide individual care and attention, security and supervision to your child(ren). Staff members work together to help each child grow in maturity and self-respect, as well as to maintain an atmosphere wherein respect and understanding for others are realized. Extended Day is an excellent opportunity for students to complete homework, interact through recreation and enrichment activities, and even play outside. It serves our working families and is also a great way to get to know students from other grade levels.
The program operates along the St. Barnabas school calendar year, and follows exactly the school calendar year. The program is closed on early dismissal days, school holidays, staff development days, inclement weather days and school conference days. The program follows the day school policies, procedures and rules of the student handbook.
Extended Day fees are in addition to the regular school tuition. and solely support the program. This program is not subsidized by the school or parish.
Extended Day Phone: 330-888-3675
St. Barnabas Tax ID: #34-0847748
School Year Extended Day Hours:
- Monday - Friday
- 7:00 am - 7:45 am
- 2:45 pm - 6:00 pm
Summer Extended Day Hours:
- Monday - Friday
- 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
After-school Schedule (subject to change):
- 2:45 pm - 4:00 pm: outside of gym area
- 4:00 pm - 4:15 pm: snack
- 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm: homework
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm: free exploration, organized activities, crafts, etc.
Illness or Accident
- Our students’ safety and well-being are the top priorities for the Extended Day staff. It is critical that each parent/guardian complete the Emergency Medical Release Form (link)
- If an illness or accident occurs and appears to be minor, , first aid will be administered on the site. Oral medications will not be administered unless the Medication form (link) is on file.
- If an illness or accident occurs and appears to be more serious, the Extended Day staff will make every effort to carry out the instructions provided on the Emergency medical form (link).
- If there is a very serious illness or accident, the Extended Day staff will call 911 and the parent/guardian will be notified immediately.
- If a student becomes sick, parents will be notified and are expected to make arrangements to pick up their child(ren) as soon as possible.
- If adequate emergency instructions are not provided, or if the instructions given cannot be followed at the time of the emergency, the program staff will act according to their best judgment for the welfare of the child.
The Extended Day after-school schedule provides an opportunity for students to complete their homework. Staff members are not aware of the homework assignments for each student, so it is the student’s responsibility to acknowledge the homework assigned and use the resources available to complete assignments.
If a child regularly attends Extended Day and is aware in advance that he/she will not be attending the program, parents/guardians are required to notify the Extended Day staff in writing. If a child’s transportation is unexpectedly changed, or a child is picked up from day school, the Extended Day staff should be notified by phone on that day.
Important Responsibilities as Parents
- Only those authorized on the Authorization form (link) will be allowed to pick up and sign out a child(ren).
- When an authorized parent/guardian arrives for pick up, it is required that the Extended Day staff be notified, and the child(ren) be formally signed out.
- Telephone requests to the staff, to call a cab, Uber, etc., or to direct a child to a different location, will not granted.
Extended Day Fees
- Parents are expected to make prompt payments for Extended Day fees. Checks can be made payable to “St. Barnabas School”. Please include “Extended Day” in the memo section.
- Bills are generated weekly, will include the total from the prior week including any late fees, and will be send home with your child on Mondays. Payment is due by Thursday of the same week.
- A $10.00 fee will be assessed for each week a payment is late, after a two-week grace period.
- A $20.00 fee will be assessed for all returned checks.
- School Year Extended Day fees:
- $4.00 per hour (one child enrolled)
- $3.00 per hour (second child enrolled)
- Special arrangements will be made for families enrolling more than 2 children.
- Late Pick-Up Fee:
- $1.00 per minute after 6:00 pm
- If you anticipate arriving late, please call the staff at (330) 888-3675.
- Summer Extended Day fees: