St. Barnabas PTU (Parent Teacher Unit) is a group of volunteers who offer their time and talents to enhance our children’s educational experience at St. Barnabas School. The PTU Board is comprised of parents, teachers and administrators who attend monthly meetings to collaborate and make decisions for the betterment of the school.
The objectives of the PTU are to:
- Sponsor programs to enhance parent/teacher/child relationships
- Organize and implement volunteer participation of parents in the school
- Promote the spiritual, intellectual, and social growth of its members by providing stimulating programs in keeping with the purpose of this organization
- Raise funds to support school needs
- Convey to the parish and community the vitality and strength of Catholic education.
If you would like to volunteer, please check out the St. Barnabas PTU interest sheet click here.
Our programs, events and fundraisers include:
- Bolt Like a Blazer 5k
- Box Tops for Education
- Chick-Fil-A Day
- Pastries with Parents
- Career Day
- Santa’s Workshop
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Christmas Raffle
- Coffee Cart
- Catholic Schools Week
- Book Fair
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Honors Recognition
- Spirit Day
- Faculty lunches and dinners