Please check this page often for new updates on the St. Barnabas campus security constuction.
We were able to get started right away on Phase 1 of our security changes. So far, this school year we:
- Secured existing Extended Day entrances by ensuring they all all remain locked whenever the breezeway is open; added buzzer to facilitate student pickup.
- Installed additional security cameras and alarms to ensure our students are safe at all times on our campus.
- Installed a window door at the west building entrance so we can begin using it for Extended Day this summer.
- Implemented a mass communication notification system to ensure critical announcements are delivered accurately and on time.
- Secure double doors and a vestibule with an interior window into the new office.
- Electronic tracking and badging for all visitors including parents/guardians, vendors, and volunteers so we know exactly who’s in our school at all times. Visitors will receive proper credentials upon check in.
- New exterior windows on the east wall.
- A new campus access control system including additional surveillance cameras, keypads and card swipes, alarms, and motion sensors at the new entrance as well as additional locations throughout the school.
- Fully relocating the Extended Day pickup to the new west entrance. This will include additional audio/video intercom with multiple screens.
- Equipping some staff members, such as playground aides and those on field trips, with an emergency call lanyard
- New Playground