A Message From Our Principal
Thank you for visiting our St. Barnabas School website where you will find a wealth of information about our school community at your fingertips.
St. Barnabas School is committed to the guiding principles found in our mission statement. We take the responsibility and trust you place in us to foster your children's academic, social, and spiritual development very seriously. The traditions of our Catholic Faith are exercised through classroom learning, daily prayer, and service to others. We are also deeply committed to academic excellence in all other traditional areas of study written by the Diocese of Cleveland and based on the Ohio Department of Education state standards. A wide variety of co-curricular activities are also available to enhance our student’s experiences. This includes Academic Challenge, Science Olympiad, Ski Club, Band, Choir, Robotics, Lego Club, Spanish Club, Mythology Club, and SBTV (our in-house news station), with new clubs regularly being introduced. I invite you to learn more about our National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by scheduling a tour or attending one of our Open Houses.
Any questions you may have, or for any additional information about our school, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Mrs. Erin Faetanini
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and in partnership with our parish community, we nurture the seeds of faith and learning, cultivate the tree of knowledge and follow the path of Christ while serving others.
St. Barnabas School is committed to Catholic education that is grounded in the Gospel message, rooted in Catholic tradition, and infused with spiritual values that engage all stakeholders in prayer, worship and service.
Our learning community commits our stakeholders to academic excellence, addresses student learning styles and empowers students to be critical thinkers, lifelong learners and moral problem solvers.
We believe that Catholic education should summon all stakeholders to live as Christian stewards, fulfilling our baptismal promises and modeling our patron saint, St. Barnabas as, "Sons and daughters of encouragement."
- We believe that each person is a child of God and deserves respect.
- We believe that a quality Catholic education teaches the whole child: spiritually, emotionally, academically, physically and socially.
- We believe that faith formation is an ongoing collaboration between the school, family and community.
- We believe instruction and assessment must provide for the diverse needs and abilities of all students, nurturing 21st Century learners.
- We believe that students learn to participate in the global community by serving the spiritual and social needs of all.
- We believe in continuous improvement through research, ongoing education and implementation of best practices.
- We believe that the courage and devotion of Saint Barnabas provide a model for Catholic education and remind us of our call to love and serve others.