We've used IXL to reinforce our curriculum this year for all grades, and your child will continue to have access to the online program over the summer. With thousands of interactive skills, IXL is a fun way for your child to keep their learning fresh. Teachers sent home IXL usernames and passwords at the end of the school year. Click for login instructions and details for IXL. When choosing lessons in IXL your child should select the grade they are going into after summer.
Summer Solutions is another option to keep math skills sharp, and one all students are familiar with. When ordering these workbooks, order for the grade your child just completed in the 2022-2023 school year. Click to order Summer Solutions.
Activities based on summer reading will be planned for the first few weeks of school. Feel free to utilize tools like Libby that allow you to easily borrow books and/or ebooks from your local library.
Incoming Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
- Read 20 minutes per day and keep track of your reading minutes throughout the summer to turn in at the start of school.
Incoming 3rd Graders
Choose at least one of the following books:
- Fantastic Mr. Fox, by Roald Dahl
- Bunnicula, a Rabbit-Tale of Mystery, by Deborah and James Howe
- A Grain of Rice, by Helena Clare Pittman
- Judy Moody Declares Independence, by Megan McDonald
Incoming 4th Graders
We are asking students to choose one, or read them all!
- The Lemonade War, by Jacqueline Davies
- The White Giraffe, by Lauren St. John
- Dancing Home, by Alma Flor Ada
Incoming 5th Graders
Read at least 1 of the book choices below:
- Island of the Blue Dolphins, by Scott O'Dell
- The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg, by Rodman Philbrick
- Maniac Magee, by Jerry Spinelli
- Math: practice multiplication facts and complete simple solutions book starting with lesson #90
Incoming Junior High Students
Pick one book from the list of titles below to read for the summer. Then, complete the chapter notes assignment and final project after reading. All work is due no later than September 5, 2023.
- Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery
- The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret., by Judy Blume
- The Killer Angels, by Michael Shaara
- The Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson
- Life of Pi, by Martel Yann
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
- Where the Red Fern Grows, by Wilson Rawls
- The Time Machine, by H.G. Wells
- A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle